Crop and Soil N Management
This section will focus on the basics and applications of manure and fertilizer N management, including the following topics.
What's so important about nitrogen?
- Problems with N deficiencies.
- Problems with excessive N.
The N Cycle
- The basic N conversion processes and the field conditions that favor them.
Crop N Guidelines: the Corn Example
- Accounting for sources of N.
- How N credits change given different field conditions (e.g. soil types, plowed sods, drainage, etc.).
- The method of calculating a corn N guideline.